How to Keep Getting Water During the Dry Season Based On My Experience

Table of Contents

 This tutorial by uda3, or Tri Wiyono, focuses on the crucial issue of water supply. During the dry season in areas close to industrial zones, rainfall becomes extremely rare. While rain falls relatively easily during the wet season, it is very difficult to get any rain once the dry season sets in. Interestingly, in other areas far from industrial sites, rainfall still occurs much more frequently, even in the middle of a dry period.

As we all know, water is the most fundamental, essential, and primary necessity required by human beings. In fact, our daily consumption of water is far more critical than our need for food, such as rice or other solid meals. Without a continuous supply of water, daily living becomes nearly impossible. For this reason, I have come up with several practical ideas to deal with severe water scarcity during the dry season. These methods are intended to provide sufficient water for routine activities like bathing, washing, and cleaning. Naturally, when it comes to drinking water, we still rely on safe, refilled drinking water products.



Without taking up any more of your time, here are my best tips and tricks on how I survive water shortages during the dry season:

First, build biopore absorption holes or underground drainage systems within your home compound. This ensures that whenever rain does fall, the precious rainwater is absorbed deep into the ground rather than being wasted and washed away through the drainage gutters.

Second, plant large trees near your house. The long, sturdy roots of big trees act as natural sponges, binding and holding water deep underground to build up a natural water reservoir for the dry months.



Third, practice strict water conservation in your daily life. Consciously reducing unnecessary usage goes a long way toward stretching your available supply.

Fourth, this final trick is particularly interesting. Since I live in a tropical area, I regularly use an air conditioner. I collect the condensation runoff from my air conditioner using empty water gallons, and I use that collected water for cleaning purposes. After a few days, I managed to collect about two full gallons of water, which serves as a very helpful reserve.

Post a Comment