My Journey in Digital Content Creation: From Blogging to YouTube Partnership
Introduction: Who I Am
Hello, everyone! My name is Tri Wiyono, though in the blogging community, many know me as uda3. If you have ever wondered about the mind behind the platforms, I am the founder, writer, and creator for the blog and YouTube channels 10 Minutes Tutorial and SecondHand Review (sometimes referred to as 8 Minutes Tutorial in my earlier writing projects).
My journey into the world of digital creation started way back in 2009. Looking back, it feels surreal to realize that I have been actively producing content for both blogs and YouTube simultaneously for over a decade. Back then, the internet landscape was vastly different from what it is today. Social media was still in its infancy, online video was just beginning to gain global traction, and blogging was the primary medium for sharing knowledge, tutorials, and personal experiences with the world.
When I started out in 2009, I didn't have a massive budget or high-end equipment. What I had was a strong curiosity, a desire to share useful information, and a passion for learning how the internet worked. I began by creating free blog sites on Google’s Blogspot platform. What started as an experimental hobby quickly turned into a fascinating venture.
To my delight, the early efforts paid off sooner than I expected. Monetization via Google AdSense was the first breakthrough that truly opened my eyes to the potential of the digital economy. At the peak of my blogging era, I managed and published content across more than 10 separate Blogspot blogs. Managing multiple sites was a continuous hustle—writing articles, optimizing titles, and keeping up with what readers were searching for—but the rewards were beyond my expectations.
Despite using completely free platforms, those 10+ blogs collectively generated tens of millions of Indonesian Rupiahs. For someone who started purely out of interest, seeing actual revenue flow in from written content was an empowering experience. It validated my belief that digital content could be a viable long-term career path rather than just a casual pastime.
Not one to settle on a single stream of income, I looked for ways to diversify my efforts. Since I was already working within the Google ecosystem through AdSense for my websites, I naturally transitioned into learning about mobile applications. I applied for and integrated Google AdMob to monetize simple mobile apps I began creating.
This decision turned out to be a game-changer. By combining website advertising with mobile application monetization, I was able to build a double-income framework. While my blogs attracted desktop and search engine visitors, my apps reached mobile users, creating a steady and reliable flow of passive income. Experiencing this multi-channel success early on paved the way for how I approach content strategy today: never put all your eggs in one basket.
While blogging brought in my biggest earnings during those early years, the growing popularity of online video piqued my interest. Eventually, I decided to dive deeply into YouTube content creation.Interestingly, when I first started on YouTube, getting approved for monetization was much simpler compared to the rigorous moderation process required for blogs. There weren't as many complex strict thresholds or waiting periods as there were for website approvals at the time. However, ease of entry did not mean instant earnings.
My first year on YouTube was a true test of patience. Despite uploading videos regularly, I earned virtually nothing for the first twelve months. Video production required a completely different skill set compared to writing articles—I had to learn video editing, audio recording, clear presentation, and thumbnail design. It would have been easy to give up and stick strictly to blogging where I was already successful, but I believed in the power of visual tutorials and honest reviews. I kept filming, editing, and uploading, trusting that consistent quality would eventually pay off.
Growing "10 Minutes Tutorial" & "SecondHand Review"
Over time, my dedication paid off. My YouTube channels—10 Minutes Tutorial and SecondHand Review—began finding their dedicated audiences.
On 10 Minutes Tutorial, my goal was straightforward: break down technical, software, or practical daily problems into concise, easy-to-follow visual guides that respect the viewer's time. On SecondHand Review, I aimed to give honest, transparent reviews on pre-owned items, gadgets, and tech, helping viewers make smart purchasing decisions without breaking the bank.
As the views grew, so did the connection with my community. The revenue followed, but more importantly, my status evolved from a solo content creator into an officially recognized YouTube Partner. Being able to work directly with YouTube, sharing advertising revenue fairly through their partner program, stands as one of the most rewarding milestones of my career.
A Major Milestone: The YouTube Creator Collective
One of the absolute highlights of my journey as a creator was receiving an official, direct invitation from YouTube to attend the YouTube Creator Collective in Indonesia.
Standing in a room filled with fellow passion-driven creators, industry leaders, and representatives from YouTube was a humbling moment. It transformed what used to feel like a solitary job behind a computer screen into an active membership within a thriving, supportive global community.
(I have included some photos and video clips from the event to share this special moment with you all! They serve as a personal reminder of how far a passion started on a free blog in 2009 can take someone.)
Reflecting on where I started and where I am now makes me incredibly grateful, but it also sparks bigger dreams for the future.
As a devoted partner to Google and YouTube, I hold a personal dream that I keep in my daily prayers: one day, I hope to receive an official invitation from YouTube and Google headquarters to visit their main offices in the United States.
I dream of a fully sponsored trip—round-trip flight tickets, smooth visa processing with the support of the U.S. Embassy, a stay at a 5-star hotel, and the opportunity to walk through the iconic Googleplex corridors, enjoying free meals and networking with global teams. Aamiin. It may sound like an ambitious dream, but every major achievement in my life started with a simple vision.
On the blogging front, my passion remains as strong as ever. I continuously aim to collaborate more deeply with fellow bloggers, platform developer communities, and Google AdSense. My goal is to keep producing valuable, original written content that generates sustainable, shared revenue for years to come.
Beyond search engines, another major driving force behind my content's reach is my active presence on social media—most notably Facebook, where I’ve built an authentic community of over 400,000 followers. This entire audience grew completely organically over the years through consistent uploads, helpful guides, and direct interaction with people who genuinely value my work.
Bringing social media traffic to my blog is something I approach with extreme care. I make sure every visitor coming from Facebook is directed safely, cleanly, and without any spammy tactics. I never use misleading clickbait titles or automated link-blasting techniques. Instead, I simply share clear, helpful summaries of my latest posts, letting interested followers click through on their own accord.
By keeping my traffic sources clean and transparent, I strictly abide by Google AdSense policies and blogging safety standards. This balanced mix of search engine readers and real, engaged social followers allows me to maintain a healthy web ecosystem. It ensures my monetization setup stays completely safe from account flags or policy violations, while giving my advertisers genuine engagement from actual human readers who trust my content.
From a single blogspot address in 2009 to managing multiple successful blogs, apps, and recognized YouTube channels today, this journey has taught me that consistency, adaptability, and authenticity are everything. Whether you are reading my articles here on this blog or watching my step-by-step guides on 10 Minutes Tutorial and SecondHand Review, thank you for being a part of my story.




Post a Comment